Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Electronic Services
- These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “the Terms and Conditions”) define the rules of using the Becorrect website provided via the website https://becorrect.com, consisting in automatic correction of English texts in terms of linguistic errors (hereinafter referred to as “the Becorrect website”).
- The services provided by the Becorrect website are either free of charge or paid for Users.
The owner of the Becorrect website (hereinafter referred to as “the Service Provider”) is:
LangMedia Sp. z o.o.
ul. Rapackiego 5
NIP: 6711762204, REGON: 320522802
KRS: 0000306795 (VI Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) at the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna)
Share capital PLN 113 400
- The Terms and Conditions are available free of charge in an electronic form on the website: https://becorrect.com/terms-of-service in a format that allows for their downloading to a hard disk, reading and printing.
Types and Scope of Provided Services
- The services of the Becorrect website are intended for the Users who have registered an account in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “the User”).
- A user who has not registered an account (hereinafter referred to as “the unregistered User”) is only able to browse the web pages of the Becorrect website.
The paid services are offered solely at the Users’ explicit request, i.e., to the Users who:
- personally paid for the services in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, i.e., made a subscription purchase (hereinafter referred to as “the Individual User”), or
- gained access to the Becorrect services through another entity, e.g., either an employer or a principal of the User (hereinafter referred to as “the Ordering Party”), who entered into a cooperation agreement with the Service Provider.
- In the event described in Section 3(b) above, the scope of services available to the User results from the cooperation agreement between the Service Provider and the Ordering Party, which determines the terms of the Becorrect website use, the conditions of access to the paid services, the terms of registration, and the subscription validity period. The Users who gained access to the Becorrect website via the Ordering Party hold the rights and responsibilities defined in the Terms and Conditions.
(available in an electronic form on the website: https://becorrect.com/privacy-policy), thus confirming that:
- the User is at least 18 years of age, or
- the User is 13 years of age, but the User is under 18 years of age, and the User represents that the User has read the Terms and Conditions together with their parent or legal guardian and that the User and their parents or legal guardians understand and accept the content of the Terms and Conditions.
The Service Provider enables the use of the following electronic services via the agency of the Becorrect website:
- registering and keeping the User’s account on the Becorrect website,
- limited access to the resources of the Becorrect website which allows the User to see the linguistic mistakes in text written in the English language which are detected by Becorrect, yet without the possibility of applying corrections;
- providing access, on the Becorrect account created by the User, to the resources of the Becorrect website enabling automatic correction of texts in English in terms of linguistic errors, including but not limited to spelling, grammar, punctuation, stylistics, lexicon, comments on selected linguistic errors with explanations,
- using ready-made text templates in English,
- creating User’s own texts within their account on the Becorrect website.
- free-of-charge services:
- The scope of free-of-charge services may be limited or changed by the Service Provider also through the introduction of promotional campaigns aimed at providing the unregistered User with a wider range of services.
- Within the service referred to in Section 6(b), the text length limit in a single automated correction is 20 000 characters. This limit may be changed.
- The Service Provider shall not interfere with the content of the information entered by the User into the Becorrect website and shall not assume any liability arising from making it available to any third parties by the User including any infringements of law caused by such transfer of information.
In order to use the Becorrect website, it is necessary for the User to meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- to have a computer or mobile device with access to the Internet;
to have an up-to-date web browser:
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Microsoft Edge (a version based on the Chromium engine),
- Apple Safari,
- to have an active electronic mail account (e-mail);
- In order to use the Becorrect website, it is necessary for the User to meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- In order to use the Becorrect website, it is necessary to create an account by correctly filling in the registration form or by using external services referred to in point 7 hereinbelow.
- The User fills in the registration form through providing their electronic mail address (e-mail), a password consisting of minimum 8 characters, and their first name, and in the case referred to in Section II(3b) above (access to Becorrect paid services provided by the Ordering Party), the User will also be asked to provide their surname.
- The User accepts the necessity of having a valid active electronic mail address (e-mail) which is linked to the User’s account and constitutes a necessary form of identification of the User in relationship with the Service Provider and shall be used for all correspondence related to the provision of services.
- The User may not have more than one account assigned to one e-mail address.
- By filling in and sending the registration form, the User declares that the data provided is true, consistent with the actual state and does not violate any rights of any third parties.
- After registration of an account on the Becorrect website, logging in is done each time with the use of the data provided in the registration form.
- Creating an account on the website is also possible through external services (e.g., the option of Facebook Connect, Google account) provided that the User has an account on such websites. The external providers are subject to separate regulations, i.e., terms and conditions and privacy policies, with which the User should become acquainted before using such an option of creating an account on the Becorrect website.
- The User account may only be used by the User and for the User’s own purposes. Access to the account shall not be made available to any third parties, as well as services within the account shall not be provided to any third parties. The Service Provider shall not be liable for the consequences of obtaining the access to the User’s account as a result of the User’s providing the password to unauthorised persons.
- The registration of an account on the Becorrect website is voluntary and free of charge. Providing personal data is also voluntary. However, it is necessary for the registration of the User’s account and subsequent use of services of the Becorrect website.
- The User may – at any time and without giving any reasons – delete their account from the Becorrect website by selecting the “Delete account” option in the administration panel of the account or by sending a request to the Service Provider to delete the account via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Account deletion performed by the User does not entitle them to demand a refund of the payment for access to the Becorrect paid services.
- The registration process on the Becorrect website can be a process also including some other platforms of the Service Provider (e.g., eTutor – the learning platform, and Diki – the online dictionary). In such a case, the User’s account shall be an account shared by all the services indicated during the registration. The registration within the framework of one of the platforms shall enable logging on to other platforms. While registering, the User shall be informed about the list of platforms which they shall be allowed to log in after having finished the registration process.
Terms and Conditions of Use and Liability
- The User undertakes to use the Becorrect website in a manner consistent with the rules of use contained in the Terms and Conditions, legal provisions, good practice and social norms.
- The Service Provider undertakes to ensure the highest possible quality and stability of the Becorrect website; however, the Service Provider shall not be liable for interruptions and disruptions caused by factors beyond the Service Provider’s control.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to conduct maintenance works on devices of the ICT system used to ensure access to the Becorrect website which may cause periodic difficulties or prevent the Users from using the Becorrect website or to cease the provision of services after prior notification of the Users with a system message and, simultaneously, shall make every effort to ensure that the time of unavailability does not exceed 8 hours at a time.
- The Service Provider does not guarantee full accuracy of the automatic correction of texts written in the English language in terms of linguistic errors. The User accepts the fact that not every linguistic error will be found and corrected and that there may be incorrect error indications in correct texts. The User should independently assess whether the corrected text meets their expectations.
Prices of Services and Payment
- The Service Provider offers access to the Becorrect paid services through subscription purchase for a given period in the amount according to the price list of the Becorrect website available at https://becorrect.com. The prices given in the price list include value added tax (VAT).
- The payment is made in the case of the Individual Users – in advance electronically via a third-party company (i.e., the Stripe platform), and, in the case of a separate cooperation agreement with the Ordering Party – directly to the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to introduce additional payment methods. However, the Users shall be informed about these changes as described in the Terms and Conditions.
- The activation of access to the paid services occurs after the Service Provider receives the confirmation of the payment, and in the case of the Individual User – after the payment confirmation is delivered by a payment intermediary service.
- The payment is made directly by the User or the Ordering Party.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to use personal data, necessary for issuing a VAT invoice, should the User declare willingness to receive one. In order to receive a VAT invoice, one needs to contact the Service Provider via e-mail by writing to email@example.com. The Service Provider shall issue a VAT invoice to the address given by the User or electronically to a given e-mail address.
- The Individual User has the right to make use of the paid services for the period of 7 days, not having purchased the subscription, as a result of receiving a 100% discount which is offered to the User who shall give consent to receive marketing information and who shall not withdraw from this consent. The Individual User can at any time withdraw from the given consent – this, however, shall prevent them from using the paid services in the particular time period, which shall be communicated to the User through a system message. The free-of-charge period might be prolonged as a result of either a periodic or special offer.
- In the event of receiving from third-party partners (e.g., group-buying services, gift cards, cafeteria systems) an activation code giving access to Becorrect paid services, the Individual User can only use it on a new account, i.e., on an account which has not had any subscription purchased before. Such access might be specified in separate regulations introduced along with the activation code, and the User agrees to comply with such regulations. The Users who gained access to the Becorrect paid services through an activation code shall comply with the rights and responsibilities as defined in the Terms and Conditions.
The payment intermediary service shall bear responsibility for transactions made by Individual Users as regards universally applicable law and the service’s
own regulations. The User shall acquaint themselves with these regulations, especially with respect to selling and payment terms
- Stripe Checkout User Terms of Service: https://stripe.com/en-pl/legal/checkout
- The User who has not made use of access to the Becorrect paid services during the subscription period shall not have the right either to a full or partial refund for the unused access, except the situations as provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
Access to the Becorrect paid services is blocked:
- after the expiration date of the subscription period,
- if the Ordering Party ceases to pay the expenses resulting from the cooperation agreement between the Service Provider and the Ordering Party,
- if the cooperation agreement between the Service Provider and the Ordering Party is terminated,
- if the Ordering Party decides to terminate such an agreement.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- The author’s economic rights to all content made available by the Service Provider and all graphic elements of the Becorrect website belong to the Service Provider. The use of the Becorrect website does not imply the acquisition by the User of any rights or licenses to such content or elements. The User may use the above-mentioned content and elements only to the extent permitted by the mandatory provisions of the law.
- Any copying of elements of Becorrect website, information, text, photos, trademarks or other graphic elements published on the Becorrect website in order to use them in whole or in part, including through linking, in modified form on other websites, in electronic publications or in hard copy version shall be prohibited without obtaining the prior written consent given by the Service Provider.
- The User may file complaints regarding the use of the Becorrect website.
A properly submitted complaint should contain the following data:
- the User’s designation (name, e-mail address),
- subject of the complaint,
- circumstances justifying the complaint.
- The complaints which do not contain the foregoing data shall not be examined by the Service Provider.
- The complaints shall be filed via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at the following address: LangMedia Sp. z o.o., ul. Rapackiego 5, 53-021 Wrocław.
- A complaint shall be examined within 14 days of its receipt unless applicable regulations specify a different time limit.
- In special cases, i.e., when the examination of a complaint requires unusual special actions and arrangements on the part of the Service Provider or encounters objective obstacles independent and not attributable to the Service Provider, the time limit for the examination of the complaint may be extended but by no more than 14 days.
- If the examination of the complaint requires obtaining additional explanations from the User, the time limit for responding to the complaint shall be extended by the time of providing the explanations by the User.
- The User shall be informed about the result of examination of the complaint via e-mail to the address from which the complaint has been sent or which has been indicated in the complaint.
- A complaint examined in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall not be subject to further or repeated examination.
Terms of Agreement and Manner and Terms and Conditions of Its Termination
- The Agreement for the provision of free-of-charge services shall be concluded for an indefinite term and shall be terminated upon the deletion of the User’s account in the manner specified in the Terms and Conditions.
The Service Provider reserves the right to block or delete the account of the User who:
- does not comply with these Terms and Conditions,
- has not logged into the Becorrect website for more than 12 months,
- has submitted a request to delete the personal data provided in the registration form.
- The deletion of the User’s account from the Becorrect website in any case means deletion of all User’s activities as well as access to the Becorrect paid services. Another registration shall not restore the possibility of using the Becorrect paid services purchased prior to the deletion of the User’s account.
- The Agreement for service connected with access to the Becorrect paid services is made for a specified period in accordance with either the Individual User’s selected and purchased subscription period or the body of the cooperation agreement between the Service Provider and the Ordering Party.
- The Individual Users’ access to the Becorrect paid services is automatically extended by the following settlement period until the User decides to resign by way of cancelling the subscription, about which the User is informed during the subscription purchase process, subject to the fact that the Service Provider can, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, deny access to a given User. If the Individual User does not cancel the subscription prior to its renewal date in a given settlement period, the subscription shall be valid for the following settlement period in accordance with the hitherto purchased subscription period, and the Service Provider is eligible to charge the User for the following subscription period via the Stripe platform.
- The Individual User may cancel the subscription at any time, whereas access to the Becorrect paid services shall be provided until the end of the settlement period. In order to cancel the subscription, one must log in to the Becorrect platform, choose “Pricing” or “My Account” from the menu and choose the “Payment history” tab, click on “Manage my subscriptions”, click on “Cancel plan”, and then follow further instructions. Cancelling the plan means subscription cancellation on the last day of the settlement period. The cancelled plan may be renewed by the Individual User through choosing the “Renew plan” option, which means that the subscription shall not be cancelled after the end of the paid period but rather shall be automatically extended and shall last until the moment defined in Section IX(5) above.
- The User who is a consumer may withdraw from the Agreement without giving any reason by submitting an appropriate statement in writing within 14 days from the date of concluding the Agreement. In order to meet this deadline, it is sufficient to send the withdrawal declaration before its expiry via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, or by post at the following address: LangMedia Sp. z o.o., ul. Rapackiego 5, 53-021 Wrocław. For this purpose, the User may use the form included in Appendix No. 1 to the Terms and Conditions, but it is not obligatory.
- In the event of the withdrawal from the Agreement by the User as referred to in Section IX(7) above, the service refund shall take place immediately, not later than within 14 days from the day on which the Service Provider was informed about the withdrawal from the Agreement. The refund shall be made via the same payment method the payment was made.
- Pursuant to Article 38 (13) of the Act on Consumer Rights dated 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827), the User who is a consumer is not entitled to withdraw from an Agreement concluded remotely if the performance of the service has begun with the User’s explicit consent before the expiry of the 14-day period for withdrawal from the Agreement and after the Service Provider has informed the User of the loss of the right to withdraw from the Agreement.
- Clicking on the “Subscribe” button during the purchase process, thus making an Agreement for service by the User who is a consumer, denotes requiring from the Service Provider to start providing the service before the expiry of the withdrawal period and results in the resignation from the right to withdraw from such an Agreement.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in compliance with relevant legal provisions. If there are any significant amendments to the Terms and Conditions, the Service Provider shall notify the Users of them by sending a notification to the e-mail address associated with the account on the Becorrect website and/or in the form of a system message on the Becorrect website.
- The amendments to the Terms and Conditions shall become effective within 7 days of informing the User about them. If the User does not accept the amendments to the Regulations, the User should immediately notify the Service Provider of it in order to terminate the Agreement.
- The Polish law shall be applicable to all legal relations arising from these Terms and Conditions.
- The User shall be entitled to use out-of-court procedures to examine complaints or pursue claims, and the detailed information and access rules related thereto are available at the offices and on the websites of district (city) consumer right advisers, social organisations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection, Voivodeship Inspectorates of Trade Inspection and at the following website addresses: https://www.uokik.gov.pl and https://www.rf.gov.pl, and through the EU ODR online platform available at the website address: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.