Regulations for the provision of electronic services
- These Regulations (hereinafter referred to as “the Regulations”) define the rules of using the Becorrect website provided via the website https://becorrect.com, consisting in automatic correction of English texts in terms of linguistic errors (hereinafter referred to as “the Becorrect website”).
- The services provided by the Becorrect website are free of charge for Users.
The owner of the Becorrect website (hereinafter referred to as “the Service Provider”) is:
LangMedia Sp. z o.o.
ul. Rapackiego 5
NIP: 6711762204, REGON: 320522802
KRS: 0000306795 (VI Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) at the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna)
Share capital PLN 113 400
- The Regulations are available free of charge in an electronic form on the website: https://becorrect.com/terms-of-service in a format that allows for their downloading to a hard disk, reading and printing.
Types and Scope of Provided Services
- The services of the Becorrect website are intended for the Users who have registered an account in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations (hereinafter referred to as “the User”).
- A user who has not registered an account (hereinafter referred to as “the unregistered User”) is only able to browse the web pages of the Becorrect website.
the website: https://becorrect.com/privacy-policy) and is obliged to confirm that:
- the User is at least 18 years of age, or
- that the User is 13 years of age, but, as the User is under 18 years of age, the User represents that the User has read the Regulations together with their parent or legal guardian and that the User and their parents or legal guardians understand and accept the content of the Regulations.
The Service Provider enables the use of the following electronic services via the agency of the Becorrect website:
- registering and keeping the User’s account on the Becorrect website,
- providing access to the resources of the Becorrect website enabling automatic correction of texts in English in terms of linguistic errors, including but not limited to spelling, grammar, punctuation, stylistics, lexicon, comments on selected linguistic errors with explanations,
- using ready-made text templates in English,
- creating User’s own texts within their account on the Becorrect website.
- The scope of services may be limited or changed by the Service Provider also through the introduction of promotional campaigns aimed at providing the unregistered User with a wider range of services.
- Within the service referred to in point 4(b), the text length limit in a single automated correction is 20 000 characters. This limit may be changed.
- The Service Provider shall not interfere with the content of the information entered by the User into the Becorrect website and shall not assume any liability arising not only from making it available to any third parties by the User but also from any infringements of law caused by such transfer of information.
In order to use the Becorrect website, it is necessary for the User to meet the following minimum technical
- to have a computer or mobile device with access to the Internet;
to have an up-to-date web browser:
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Microsoft Edge (a version based on the Chromium engine),
- Apple Safari;
- to have an active electronic mail account (e-mail);
- In order to use the Becorrect website, it is necessary for the User to meet the following minimum technical requirements:
- In order to use the Becorrect website, it is necessary to create an account by correctly filling in the registration form or by using external services referred to in point 7 hereinbelow.
- The User fills in the registration form through providing their electronic mail address (e-mail), a password consisting of minimum 8 characters, and their first name.
- The User accepts the necessity of having a valid active electronic mail address (e-mail) which is linked to the User’s account and constitutes a necessary form of identification of the User in relationship with the Service Provider and shall be used for all correspondence related to the provision of services.
- The User may not have more than one account assigned to one e-mail address.
- By filling in and sending the registration form, the User declares that the data provided is true, consistent with the actual state and does not violate any rights of any third parties.
- After registration of an account on the Becorrect website, logging in is done each time with the use of the data provided in the registration form.
- Creating an account on the website is also possible through external services (e.g., the option of Facebook Connect, Google account) provided that the User has an account on such websites. The external providers are subject to separate regulations, i.e., regulations and privacy policies, with which the User should become acquainted before using such an option of creating an account on the Becorrect website.
- The User account may only be used by the User and for the User’s own purposes. Access to the account shall not be made available to any third parties, as well as services within the account shall not be provided to any third parties. The Service Provider shall not be liable for the consequences of obtaining the access to the User’s account as a result of the User’s providing the password to unauthorised persons.
- The registration of an account on the Becorrect website is voluntary and free of charge. Providing personal data is also voluntary. However, it is necessary for the registration of the User’s account and subsequent use of services of the Becorrect website.
- The User may – at any time and without giving any reasons – delete their account from the Becorrect website by selecting the option of “Delete account” in the administration panel of the account or by sending a request to the Service Provider to delete the account via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions of Use and Liability
- The User undertakes to use the Becorrect website in a manner consistent with the rules of use contained in the Regulations, legal provisions, good practice and social norms.
- The Service Provider undertakes to ensure the highest possible quality and stability of the Becorrect website; however, the Service Provider shall not be liable for interruptions and disruptions caused by factors beyond the Service Provider’s control.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to conduct maintenance works on devices of the ICT system used to ensure access to the Becorrect website which may cause periodic difficulties or prevent the Users from using it, to disable the Becorrect website or to cease the provision of services after prior notification of the Users with a system message and, simultaneously, shall make every effort to ensure that the time of unavailability does not exceed 8 hours at a time.
- The Service Provider does not guarantee full accuracy of the automatic correction of English texts in terms of linguistic errors. The User accepts the fact that not every linguistic error will be found and corrected and that there may be incorrect error indications in correct texts. The User should independently assess whether the corrected text meets their expectations.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- The author’s economic rights to all content made available by the Service Provider and all graphic elements of the Becorrect website belong to the Service Provider. The use of the Becorrect website does not imply the acquisition by the User of any rights or licenses to such content or elements. The User may use the above-mentioned content and elements only to the extent permitted by the mandatory provisions of the law.
- Any copying of elements of Becorrect website, information, text, photos, trademarks or other graphic elements published on the Becorrect website in order to use them in whole or in part, including through linking, in modified form on other websites, in electronic publications or in hard copy version shall be prohibited without obtaining the prior written consent given by the Service Provider.
- The User may file complaints regarding the use of the Becorrect website.
A properly submitted complaint should contain the following data:
- the User’s designation (name, e-mail address),
- subject of the complaint,
- circumstances justifying the complaint.
- The complaints which do not contain the foregoing data shall not be examined by the Service Provider.
- The complaints shall be filed via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, or by post at the following address: LangMedia Sp. z o.o., ul. Rapackiego 5, 53-021 Wrocław.
- A complaint shall be examined within 14 days of its receipt unless applicable regulations specify a different time limit.
- In special cases, i.e., when the examination of a complaint requires unusual special actions and arrangements on the part of the Service Provider or encounters objective obstacles independent and not attributable to the Service Provider, the time limit for the examination of the complaint may be extended but by no more than 14 days.
- If the examination of the complaint requires obtaining additional explanations from the User, the time limit for responding to the complaint shall be extended by the time of providing the explanations by the User.
- The User shall be informed about the result of examination of the complaint via e-mail to the address from which the complaint has been sent or which has been indicated in the complaint.
- A complaint examined in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations shall not be subject to further or repeated examination.
Terms of Agreement and anner and Terms and Conditions of Its Termination
- The Agreement for service provision to the User shall be concluded for an indefinite term and shall be terminated upon the deletion of the account in the manner specified in the Regulations.
The Service Provider reserves the right to block or delete the account of the User who:
- does not comply with these Regulations,
- has not logged into the Becorrect website for more than 2 years,
- has submitted a request to delete the personal data provided in the registration form.
- The deletion of the User’s account from the Becorrect website in any case means deletion of all User’s activities.
- The User who is a consumer may withdraw from the Agreement without giving any reason by submitting an appropriate statement in writing within 14 days from the date of concluding the Agreement. In order to meet this deadline, it is sufficient to send the withdrawal declaration before its expiry via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at the following address: LangMedia Sp. z o.o., ul. Rapackiego 5, 53-021 Wrocław. For this purpose, the User may use the form included in Appendix No. 1 to the Regulations, but it is not obligatory.
- Pursuant to Article 38 (13) of the Act on Consumer Rights dated 30 May 2014 (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827), the User who is a consumer is not entitled to withdraw from an Agreement concluded remotely if the performance of the service has begun with the User’s explicit consent before the expiry of the 14-day period for withdrawal from the Agreement and after the Service Provider has informed the User of the loss of the right to withdraw from the Agreement.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to amend these Regulations in compliance with relevant legal provisions. If there are any significant amendments to the Regulations, the Service Provider shall notify the Users of them by sending a notification to the e-mail address associated with the account on the Becorrect website and/or in the form of a system message on the Becorrect website.
- The amendments to the Regulations shall become effective within 7 days of informing the User about them. If the User does not accept the amendments to the Regulations, the User should immediately notify the Service Provider of it in order to terminate the Agreement.
- The Polish law shall be applicable to all legal relations arising from these Regulations.
- The User shall be entitled to use out-of-court procedures to examine complaints or pursue claims, and the detailed information and access rules related thereto are available at the offices and on the websites of district (city) consumer right advisers, social organisations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection, Voivodeship Inspectorates of Trade Inspection and at the following website addresses: https://www.uokik.gov.pl and https://www.rf.gov.pl, and through the EU ODR online platform available at the website address: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.