LangMedia Sp. z o.o. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the Becorrect.com website (referred to as the "Service" or "Becorrect").
"Personal Data" is any personal information about one of our users which could, alone or together with other information, personally identify them, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation. Information such as a user name and password, an email address, a real name are examples of Personal Data. Personal Data does not include aggregated, non-personally identifying information.
What information do we collect?
When you enter a text to be checked by Becorrect, it is uploaded to our servers. You give us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, perpetual and irrevocable license to reproduce, distribute, modify, store, and use the uploaded content to provide you the Service, improve the Service and our algorithms, train machine learning models and develop language rules for checking texts. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content.
Please do not enter any Personal Data, confidential or sensitive information in the texts uploaded to our Service. The content you submit must not include third-party intellectual property unless you have permission from that party or are otherwise legally entitled to do so. You are legally responsible for the content you submit to the Service.
We also collect web server logs, including the date and time of each request, client IP address, information about the browser (user agent string, language), request data, cookies, unique device identifiers, referring site.
How do we use the collected information?
We use the collected information to:
- provide and maintain the Service,
- personalize your experience and better respond to your individual needs,
- notify you about changes to our Service,
- provide customer support,
- analyze usage patterns and optimize our platform,
- improve the Service and our other products,
- promote the Service and our other products,
- train and verify machine learning models,
- develop language rules for checking texts,
- detect, prevent and address technical issues,
- meet legal obligations,
- prevent abuse.
We may use aggregated, non-personally identifying information to operate, analyze, improve, and optimize our website and service.
Where is the data processed and stored?
The servers we use to provide the Service and store data are located in the European Union and the United States.
While we process all Personal Data in the European Union and in the United States, our third party vendors may process data outside of the European Union or the United States. When we transfer your data to our vendors under EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, we remain responsible for it.
We use Google reCaptcha to protect our service against automated requests and bots.
We use Google Analytics to analyze how our Service is used and where our users come from.
How do you protect my data?
The security of your data is important to us. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data.
- Your connection with our servers is encrypted with SSL/TLS.
- Access to the servers where your data is stored is protected by a firewall.
- We regularly install security patches for operating systems and other third-party software we use.
- We take periodic backups of data.
However, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of your data.
Do you disclose my Personal Data to third parties?
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Data with third-parties for their commercial purposes without your consent.
We do share aggregated, non-personally identifying information with third parties. For example, we may share with others statistics about how our users, collectively, use Becorrect, or how our users respond to our other offerings.
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation,
- protect and defend the rights or property of LangMedia Sp. z o.o.,
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service,
- protect other users of the Service and the public,
- protect against legal liability.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
What is the legal basis for processing my information?
Under certain international laws (including GDPR), we are required to notify you about the legal basis on which we process Personal Data. We process Personal Data on the following legal bases:
- Consent: When you upload a text to our Service, you give us consent to store, process, transfer and analyze it. We process this information on the basis of consent.
- Our Legitimate Interests: Generally, the remainder of the processing of personal information we perform is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests. For example, for legal compliance purposes or to maintain ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of our systems, website, and service, we must keep logs of Technical Information; and, in order to respond to legal process, we are required to keep records of users who have sent and received DMCA takedown notices. If you would like to request erasure of data we process on the basis of consent or object to our processing of personal information, please send us an e-mail or a letter.
If you are a child under the age of 13, you cannot use the Service. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, you need your parent's or legal guardian's consent to use the service.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How can I contact you?
LangMedia Sp. z o.o.
ul. Rapackiego 5